Monday, June 18, 2018

And Now, The Back

Back of quilts that I make can be either another quilt made of scraps, which I am working hard to do, or it can be one piece made of 108" wide material, or like this one which is the look of a solid.

This pattern looks like chicken wire. It was selected for the quilt because the family raises chickens, though I think they let them have free range. It didn't really require any matching because of the pattern. Sometimes, the need is to match the repeats so that things line up. Personally, I like the back of the quilts against my body so that the top of the quilt can be top up and shows off the work. 

The back of the quilt is very important to finish things off. Earlier in my work, I tried some of the suggestions for backs using larger blocks and arranging them horizontally and vertically. While it worked to serve as a back, it didn't appeal to me as much. So now, I like joining smaller scraps into simple 9-patch blocks or just random rows.

Anyway, this back is done and both top & bottom are ready to sandwich and baste at the clubhouse. I need to finish the fabric bin and boxes, and get on with the BOMs.

No comments:

Post a Comment