Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Floral BOMs

Caught up on this series of BOMs, including the block pattern I was to present.


The June block is called Weathervane, though I have no idea why. It doesn't look like a weather vane to me, and my choice of floral prints is slight yet, it allowed me to use scraps, and that is my on-going goal. I like how it looks and will be a good addition to the sampler.

The one I made for November is a remake so that all blocks are pieced. My original offering was appliqué and it will be included as an extra option. I chose Woven Ribbons because it is easy to make coming at a time of the year when everyone is busy. This will give them all an opportunity to make their blocks without taking a lot of time to finish. The hardest part for me was selecting colors and floral prints. I am happy with it. I've been stacking the blocks without pressing or squaring up...just for storage.

No comments:

Post a Comment