Friday, June 29, 2018

Fabric Basket

While I finished machine quilting the Log Cabin, it still needs binding. I spotted a seam in the direct center of the quilt where one side got missed and was able to correct it. That took longer than I would have liked. Then the machine started acting up. I set it aside trying to honor my self-commitment to go slower and be gentle with myself.


Meanwhile, I started out another Fabric Bucket in Cat fabric. I looked for a guide for what I wanted to do and found one that I used as a model though ended up making my own pattern. Better said, I did a 'wing-it' on this one too. 

The fabric has two Kitties on it that are similar in color to the ones the birthday-woman has in her life.  It is a nice size for a dry laundry basket. The top folds over to give it just a bit more stabilization and I will make sure the bottom is stiff enough too by adding more batting to it. It is probably going to be enough to finish it by the end of the weekend. So far, I put three layers of batting on it. The hardest thing was calculating the circle. Gahhhhh

No comments:

Post a Comment