Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Pet Blanket & a BOM

The grown Grandgrrrls in my life are choosing not to have babies, and instead, direct their energy toward Fur-babies. One family lives in Wisconsin and has 2 Kats and a Honey-colored Beige Lab.

This family sends me family pics or kid pics, and they are wonderful. This is a fleece blanket that I cut and tied. It is perfect for a larger dog to lay on wherever he decides to land or to put in his kennel when he needs to be kept safe while his people are out of the house. It is washable and relatively easy to maintain. I made a number of these fleece blankets over the years, so remembered the easy way they go together. It is just time consuming to cut strips and tie around the edges, and a bit hard on the back. This time, I did it over my ironing board and that was fast and easiest.

I got enough of the fabric because it was on sale and plan to make one for the other big Grand-dog in the family. He's a growing German Shepherd pup and still likes to chew, so there is no hurry to get it there. The ties might interest him enough to bite off. But perhaps making it a little later in the Summer when I need an easy project is best.

The two kitty pillows go with this finished blanket and I need to decide on the birthday gift for their human Daddy. Maybe just money in a card. That always works. 

Then, I got on with it. I made a BOM. Its the Floral Friendship Rosebud for May. The Scrappy Sampler Floral Friendship quilt only started in April, so I am not too far behind. I have the June block ready to go. This is the quilt I made an appliqué block for and plan to use that pattern for the holiday pillows.

Unfortunately, it is also the one the coordinator asked me to make another block for my month that is pieced. I found simple pattern, will make it up, and send it to her for approval. It is going to be in grays with white daisies on black. I wanted something a bit more Fall-ish and settled on this instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment