Thursday, June 21, 2018

Darting Bird Block

Not at all a favorite. One the second try, I called it. This one was too advanced for my waning skills. Its done now, but there is no love in it for me.


The first one was so hard, I tossed it the trash. Of course, it was me mis-reading the pattern. I cut pieces at 2.5" when they were to be cut at 2 7/8" for HST. They were a mess. The block needs trimming and a good press, however, it is done. Right now, I am seeing this sampler as a back rather than a front and part of a comfort quilt.

Dang. Now that I see the photo, I see a block that got turned on the top...second one from the end. Makes an odd wing. I think it challenged me because the pattern was written for a light background and mine is darker. It will be easy to rip and turn because it is on the top. See? This is what I mean, it gave me issues from piecing to layout. Oh well, done and I can go onto to other projects. 

No comments:

Post a Comment