Thursday, June 28, 2018

Machine Quilting

I decided to do channel quilting on this anniversary Log Cabin quilt. And after getting half of it done, I stopped for the day.

It is looking nice.  The machine locked up with the quilting foot on, so I am using the generic foot and that is working. In my favor is that it is pinned well, and the back is a relatively sturdy fabric with only one seam. Lines of the Log Cabin are easy to follow.

As I said, quitting after finishing half the quilt is a huge step in self-care for me. Usually, I would keep going until it was finished. I don't really have another quilting project to get to so plan to just relax this afternoon. I did get outside for some yard work and am going to the pool for aerobics later in the day. That is enough. 

It felt like I could do more but I know its going to be too much. Stopping is very hard for me. I don't want to stop. I want to push on and get this one done and go on with another project. And so I did. I made this fabric container without a pattern and ended up with a toilet paper holder as an example. I want to fill them with small things to show how they might be used. I cut fabric for the last one and will get that done later today along with finishing the machine quilting on the Log Cabin.

No comments:

Post a Comment