Saturday, June 16, 2018

First Two Borders

The first two borders are some of the lighter gray prints, both of which I had. The last border is fabric bought yesterday in the big city. While the 'old' me would have continued until this top was completed, I am content to get this far and relax. In fact, after shopping again, and plans to attend a play at the local theatre, I am done for the day. 

Usually I would fret about the top yet have learned, over the years, if the fabrics coordinate before being cut, they will coordinate on the quilt. The fabric almost has a chicken wire look to it, and so I did find a black with white for the back that looks more like chicken wire. It will be a nice balance. I also bought a dark gray thread to quilt with and think its going to be a lovely quilt when it is done. 

The lesson for this all is just to trust the process and that things have a way of working out.

No comments:

Post a Comment