I've spent all last week sorting, pinning, piecing and pressing the 3" squares in my scrap bin that was overflowing. I couldn't close the small container, and this 3" size is not used in quilt patterns, so it had to go for something.
Right now, there are 14 rows of 10 blocks each, and one left over. That means I've put together 141 blocks! At first I tried laying them down with a plan, and gave that up like I did trying to make traditional 9-patches. Its just there. I am going to pin piles of 10 together and join them how they are without much of a plan for this and that. I will be happy to make this a back to an up and coming quilt project.
This was a UFO on my to-do list. I felt like one of those long-ago women who made scrap quilts out of old shirts and dresses or flour sacks. I remembered quilts I had made, and thought about the person who got them. It was a sweet experience.
I know there are more bins to go through and make scrappy tops, but once I finish this piece, I need to move onto another UFO project.