Friday, May 8, 2015

Books & Books of Patterns

I have two 3-ring binders full of downloaded patterns and a whole shelf full of magazines. Many of them guided me through my first attempts to scrap quilt; many provided simple tips for me to piece, press or finish quilts.

While it may be a stretch for some folks, but I think my seeking for knowledge or information about quilting is no different than the quest folks take when they seek the Divine. Oh you can call Her the Divine Feminine, Father God, or Buddha.

My quest for perfect patterns is really like any quest folks take on. It all shows me that the quilting information is vast and varied. The choices are mine to make. And I make my selections based on what fabrics I have or would need to purchase. Its like life, we can only do what only we can do.

One of my friends wrote a chant: "The more I learn, the more I know. The more I know I need to learn much more. Much more." Its running through my head right now.

Some days I have lovely photos to post of quilts either finished or still in process. Some days, what I have to offer is consistency in working the smaller details that are like mundane tasks.

Some days are like today. Its wet outdoors, which brings a chill inside. I really don't feel like going to my machine. I feel like browsing these periodicals and remembering what I learn. Like all things or people in my life, I know how important it is to stay in contact, to watch, to listen, to laugh.


No comments:

Post a Comment