Friday, September 4, 2015

Friday Pre-holiday Work

Sometimes it feels like working on myself is a challenge enough. I could make a very long list of things that I'm either not very good at or one with all the skills I have learned that I do feel good about having. I guess the best thing is to just keep working on some part of it all.


I finished machine quilting my Brother-in-Law's quilt, made the binding, sewed it on the quilt and then clipped it with those Wonder Clips by Clover. I own this box of 50 that were given to me as a gift by my friend Amy. I thought about buying more because they don't quite wrap most of the quilts I make and then decided against having excess. These are enough.


They make it around two sides, and I can do a little more than one each night I work on the quilts. So they are enough.

There's that word again. Enough. Learning takes time. Practice takes time. And it is way too easy to get trapped into thinking I need more of this or more of that, when in fact, in the moment, what I have and who I am is enough. Just like Wonder Clips. The lesson takes me way back to Goldilocks and her adventure in learning what is too little, too much or just right. 

No comments:

Post a Comment