Monday, September 28, 2015

Some Days

I read long ago that "Not to decide is to decide". That quote can take a person just about anywhere in their life. Endless fictional stories have taken that theory and formed their own chapters or episodes based on either being unwilling to do something ("Resistance is futile" from Star Trek) or taking chances (Risky Business, Indiana Jones), or in fact women living outside the usual boxes (Kathryn Hepburn, Angelina Jolie, Meryl Streep).

As I finish up the small projects on my list and take them off my to-do list on this sidebar, they get set aside until they are ready to go out the door. These are the gifts I made for the teacher in the local Infant Center to give to her peers during the three holiday swaps (Hallows, Thanksgiving, Christmas).

It takes time to do the smaller things too. My tendency is to not give them the same value as a quilt. I know that the quality of my life is dependent upon all choices I make. I never used to see it when I was younger, but now I know that time is a commodity all humans share whether they have hours at birth or live long decades.

I guess, for me, I make my choices based on living life fully. I live it in color, and patterns and even textures. I live in choosing possibilities and opportunities. I choose truth. I choose peace. 

On the days I chose not to decide, something different happens. I still live and breathe. I do a lot of things. I just chose not to decide anything for the day. And I've gotten to be ok with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment