Saturday, October 14, 2017

Auntie Mary's Towels

So many decades ago, my Auntie Mary (Daddy's Sister) would crochet hangers for kitchen towels for me. I had them for every season and holiday. Well, they last because I switch them out, but last year, I could see how really bad they were looking. 
Thing is newer towels are not made as well. So what I did for the Fall versions was to cut off the tops of her towels by an inch, cut the new towels in half and do 2 stitches across to join the old top with new ones. My calculations say I pulled 6 old towels out and put 3 new ones (cut in half).  These are service towels that I hang so I can wipe wet hands. I am going to do this for all the old towels as I am able.

Three Good Things / Day 29:

  1. Watched NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS as well as the extras and can hardly wait to go back to Disneyland to ride the ride again. So much went into the ride that I have missed
  2. Got my errands run & am home to continue recovering from my cold
  3. Leaves are turning color in the Western garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment