Friday, October 13, 2017

Black Cat Border

In an effort to quilt again, I started with a simple project that put two borders on a  scrappy 12-block Log Cabin. Scrappy, for me, means shopping from my closet first. I used a lot of Halloween fabric and have learned that I can join pieces if one of them is not the exact size. Quilting is always easy on a Log Cabin. I just need backing and batting.

The first border (black) frames the center Log Cabins, and the second border (orange with black cats) makes the focus. I used more of the black on each of the corners so I could make the 2nd border 4.5" wide. Its just a little border treatment trick I learned when you don't have enough fabric. It needs threads clipped and pressing, but is enough for now and will be finished as a 2018 quilt for my Granddaughter who just got a little black kitty.

Three Good Things / Day 28

  1. I am quilting again in spite of the cold dragging me down
  2. My housekeeper came yesterday and cleaned the corner bookshelf in my studio, and dusted off all my dolls on the top shelf
  3. I packaged another quilt to go out on Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment