Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Gathering More Fabrics

I printed off more of the directions for the Outhouses quilt, and looked at the varieties others are making. I haven't really caught up with what I want to be doing the remaining part of the year. The last 2 quilts for this year are complete, so everything else is extra. My next project is the last needed for this year with a shipping deadline for mid-November.

As I look at how the Outhouses quilt blocks are drawn, the first thing I did was to find fabric for the ground because it is in all 4 blocks. Then I tried to coordinate borders and blocks with the scraps that make up the Outhouses. I don't have the focus fabric for top and bottom borders as of yet, and may wait until the top is ready for it.

Sigh, this was a simple task, and nothing really for piecing or using the machine. I am being gentle with myself. This is only the 2nd day after my trip to Vegas.


Three Good Things/Day 18:
  1. I started cutting back vines on the garden wall. The challenge is not stepping on the strings of lights; they are ok & lighting up the night
  2. Rico seems better today and is not yakking or releasing his bowels outside his box
  3. Both Sons, DIL, & Granddaughters texted or called to learn the story of how it was in Vegas & to say how glad they were we were all safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment