Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Mug Rug for Befana

I am presenting a series of exchanges on Swap Bot as I introduce a Goddess of the month. The most recent one is in honor of LaBefana whose feasta is on January 6. She is the Italian gift bringer who goes down the chimney to leave her presents for children, and uses her broom to clean their rooms.

The suggestion is to make a house of any style or medium. Sender's choice. I made a mug rug with the 6" house block pattern. The back is a winter blue with batik snowflakes, so it is perfect for a January piece.

The house block was one of many given to me in that color scheme though all of them are different fabrics. It didn't take me long to cut batting and machine quilt around the beige fabric. Now that the primary part of the swaps are finished, I can add other things from my stash to clean it out.

Three Good Things / Day 39:
  1. Glad to have found materials for this project that made it easy to start quilting again
  2. My cold is almost gone after 11 days
  3. Prayer flags are starting to show through on the arbor as the leaves fall off.

No comments:

Post a Comment