Saturday, October 28, 2017

Pillow Top

It would have been easier to have more ties for this pillow, but this works. l appliqued around the points to make it more secure, and it looks nice.


Its interesting how it turned out, a bit random and yet coordinated. I suppose that if a person made more of these, they could figure out a way to make it less random, but it is fine for a pre-teen boy as a memento of his Father lineage. I want to add another layer of batting and then will applique stitch the borders on too. 


And then I made an apron for an exchange on Swapbot. I used my holiday apron as a pattern. It hangs on a knob all year long and every once in awhile I remember to use it. This one is more for baking than it is for entertaining so I hope she can use it. I tried a different method for straps, which are the parts to aprons that crump up the most.

Three Good Things / Day 42:
  1. My Grandson got 5 A's and 2 B's, so it seems he is well-adjusted
  2. Rico is sneezing less, but it really does seem like a cold, so if he is not better by Monday will see a Vet
  3. I am quilting again! 

No comments:

Post a Comment