Tuesday, July 17, 2018

BOM for July

I am caught up with most of the BOMs. I worked on this one called Broken Dishes this morning.
Two quilt-along BOMs will go to various people in my life who expressed a desire to receive a quilt from me. They are scrap quilts and each block will be a color combo specific to the pattern and month. Nothing will 'match' in the truest sense of the word. I remember one of my quilting teachers telling me that the more colors and fabrics in a quilt, the more people will find what they want to match their environment.

What I am doing is laying out the blocks when I start selecting fabrics for the next one so that I am using something different. The electrician who was here this morning said he just gave away a lot of fabric. Seriously, I breathed a sigh of relief because I want desperately to use up what I have here now. For as many quilts as I have made, it surprises me how much fabric is still in the bins. Its getting harder because there is less and less, but making THESE BOMs as scrap blocks helps so very much.

I pulled out the few books and magazines still on a shelf and plan to revisit the patterns to see if there is something I might still want to make. In truth, there are a number of projects listed on the blog side-bar that need completing first. Hard for me not to start new things. I am that quadruple Aries, which brings a real desire for new.

No comments:

Post a Comment