Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Daily Mood Quilt Back

One of the BOMs I joined this year is actually a BOD or block of the day.  A very creative (and unknown to me) person drew out a pattern for 365 days or pieces of fabric to this quilt.

What we were instructed to do was to scan our mood at the same time during the day, and select a fabric to go with it for the daily quilt project. Mine has become a true scrappy quilt...one where I reach into the shoebox and take out the first piece touching my hand. Some are HST or half square triangles, and some are the entire piece. I saved some of the HST and do try to match them with a different partner. However, at this stage, I don't know what matches. And that is the key to a scrappy quilt. You have to surrender any plan and go with what happens.

This back is planned for another top and once it is assembled, it can be extended on any or all four sides to extend beyond the top. Its been a good project for me. It kept me quilting a little bit even when I was sick with that stomach virus. It is simple to follow the pattern and the way it is set up, quite mindless for me to do. I gave the first 9 rows a quick press and have a small box to keep it in through its stages. 

Company is coming this weekend for a few days. When they are here, we plan to go to the mountains, the ocean, to Disneyland and maybe the Getty Museum in LA. I am putting my quilting projects away until they leave so I can devote my full attention to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment