Monday, July 30, 2018

Special Request

One of the Nieces is getting the Blue & Gray Log Cabin and requested a quilt for her 3-year-old Son. He is into anything that moves, cars, trucks, trains and planes. As I thought about it, I know how boys are. It is important for them to be seen as big boys rather than babies. I searched patterns for something I thought would work for his age now and as he can grow into it.

What I found was this lap quilt tutorial. The order from JoAnn's just came on Saturday with the blue and red prints. I think there are grays and whites in my stash that I can use for the jets, stars and jet streams. I need to wash both fabrics before cutting as they are the bleed-factor colors. There might even be enough to make a second quilt for my Grandson.

All of my quilting is on hold with company here. Yesterday we went for a walk in the Tehachapi mountains and on the way back had a flat in their rental car. We need to swap the car out or get a new tire. Then we are headed to the ocean for the day. High tide is around noon-ish and that is always fun to walk in a raging surf.

No comments:

Post a Comment