I love being able to use batting scraps for this project. I am one page short of batting, but made great progress. All the pages are together except one for two books.
It surprised me how quickly these went together, though the project has a few more steps to slip stitch closed the bottom of the pages, top stitching around all of them, and joining the centers with a vertical stitch to form the book. I am not sure if the pages will get quilted for stability or how to do it. Directions do not give that as a step, however, batting will shift if not secured. I may do another seam next to the top stitching seam or run a few horizontal stitches before putting the pages together.
Next, I pulled more projects in the bins out to finish tops, match with backs, and get them ready for basting. Again, it surprised me, though shouldn't, that there were a number of projects without notes-to-self. I guess that means I will get to choose what happens next and use the creative thoughts I have NOW. Some of these projects have been sitting awhile.
I finished a Log Cabin Hallows scrap top. The darker pieces are all black prints. 'Scrappy' means gathering in a very random manner, and 'scrap' quilting means some thinking and planning while using scraps on hand. I have so many scraps that I want to make the back from them with the intention to use as much of the holiday as possible. Thing is there is no pattern for the back, as of yet.
This top turned out so good, I would like to make the back as close to stunning as this top is. It was more planned using all the spider web on white for the entire white side, using the same fabric for the center blocks, then making the borders. Yet, all from scraps on hand. So it would be considered a scrap quilt. Even though the back is also made of scraps, to get it to look nice, it needs structure.