Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Scrap Back for Hallows Quilt

The container in my closet containing Hallows fabrics was filled with all sorts of scraps cut at endless sizes. It challenged me. So I just started to piece the scraps around a focus scrap and let it evolve. Its the back of a quilt. It uses up scraps. What happens in the evolution is anyone's guess. Its a mystery and yet an unplanned mystery. 

I am going to make it fit to size for the top and then let the process go. Its interesting how I come across a piece of fabric and stop myself from using it with the thought that I should save it for a special project. All projects merit the use of what is in the closet. 

They are all special.

And so I will keep at this one until it is done. I have one more quilt that is basted and ready for the machine. As soon as I finish this back, I plan to machine quilt the other. That frees up basting pins to do two more that are ready for that step.

No comments:

Post a Comment