Thursday, September 12, 2013

There's no Point in Crying

I spent about 5 hours in my community clubhouse this morning basting a quilt, and then helping my local BOM quilting friend with layout and pinning. I even took pictures. I came home and downloaded them the way I always do onto my computer. But they were gone...gone from the camera, not on the computer. Gone. 

What's a blog without pictures I wondered? More importantly, what's a blog without words, and in my case, without a spiritual moral to my story?

It wasn't that long ago that I didn't own a digital camera and was subjected to the expense and wait in taking my film in for development. I never knew what to expect, and it seemed for every 36 pictures taken, maybe three were good enough to save.

Yet, save I did...really horrid pictures. Before moving from MN to Cali, I went through those boxes of saved blurred shots and tossed more away than were saved. Gone.

The memories are there if they are worth bringing back even if the photos are gone.

So let me tell you what I've been doing since my last blog. Last night I pieced more of the 16-patch blocks and have 56 of them, so that project is resting in the UFO bin.

I made 16 mini flying geese for the WINTER GOLFERS quilt, and it also is resting in the UFO bin.

I brought out all sorts of Fall fabric scraps for the MugRug Swap, and even looked through my Orphan bag. They are sitting right here next to me waiting for my attention. Piece me, piece me, I can almost hear them say, as if they were a cookie from Wonderland calling to Alice.

The Hallows Ghastleys is basted now and I am excited to start free motion quilting on it and will get to it in the morning.

What about the camera, you ask? I am asking that very same question myself, and shaking my head with how big a mystery it is. I don't think I care so much about it as I do other things in my life.

I still grieve the loss of my dear Niece from her battle with leukemia this year. I care about how fast my grandchildren are growing up, and doing it quite well 2000 miles away; and I care about their parents (my sons). Well, I care about all my family back in MN/WI.

The camera? I'll figure it out and get some pictures back up here again as soon as someone else asks me to try this or that....I'll keep taking pictures and keep trying to make them a reality in cyberspace. There is no point in crying over lost pictures that are simply part of this process.



Life is only as complex as we make it, as dramatic as we make it, as good as we make it. Somethings are worth crying over, and other things, well, not so much.

til tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment