Sunday, February 19, 2017

Getting on With it

I worked with the Holiday Mystery BOM to finish this recent pattern. The patterns for this one are issued on the 1st and 15th, so two a month. So far, there seem to be two blocks, one making 31 and this recent one making 32. There were extra pieces for the 31-piece block.

When I put them together yesterday, I was 5 short, so that meant figuring out what pieces I needed to make again. There were more flying geese blocks, more HST blocks. It took me a few hours to do it and put the missing blocks together.

I have one more sitting with the hand work on the beach towel tote, and need to purchase the straps on Wednesday.

And now onto the Harvest Mystery BOM block. It is quite a large one at 32" square, and the setting instructions place it in the center. The pieces are cut and with luck they will look nice together. Scrap quilting. I am feeling much better about the look of that method. Its hard when others post such beautiful photos of their blocks using newly purchased & coordinated fabrics. I really understand why quilters do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment