Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Ghost Moth Blocks

While this IS a pattern meant for beginners, there are a lot of blocks and a lot of cutting and a lot of piecing. I've been at it all for some time. The quilt is meant to be an exchange for a swap I set up for Insect Spirit Guides on SwapBot. Yah, I know. Bugs. The point of the swap is that if you understand animals (or bugs), you tend not to kill them. I take exception to this myself, so sent a link to get shadow information if a recipient really hates or is terrified of the Insect she gets. 

(Goddess, I hope I don't get either Ants or Black Widow Spiders. Both get killed in my gardens. Period.)  

Each Moth block measures 5.5" x 12.5" and I thought I needed 31. Of course what I didn't read is that there were 5 more Moths that had a left or a right side and would line up every other row on the sides. I am 5 Moths short. I've pulled out more 10" squares to cut them from, and next need to ensure they measure the same. It is tedious work, yet enjoyable knowing that I am using scraps and the right someone will get a handmade quilt.

Meanwhile, I found Moth Spirit Guide messages online in various places. Usually Spirit Guides are Wolves, Eagles, Bears, Lions, etc. I am enjoying these messages even though they are meant for the partner I get for the exchange.
  1. An issue that has been bothering you is being healed behind the scenes. The solution is ingenious, creative and will be a happy surprise for you
  2. Pay attention to the signs you are receiving. It may be that you need to adjust your course
  3. What has been hidden from yourself will be revealed. Pay attention
  4. Allow yourself to receive
  5. Magick of the Moth reminds us to be drawn to the Light. Move through the darkness of night fully alert. An awakening of the subconscious mind will soon occur within.
My batting order came this afternoon too.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment