Thursday, February 23, 2017

Hoooray! A Finish!

I am excited to have finished the large tote and decided to make another one for #2 Granddaughter's birthday come early Summer. She has a car trip planned to a camp and probably can use a large tote for pillows and towels.

This one is perfect and folds away nicely too. I bought enough strap webbing to make another one, and spent time going through my 5" squares to make another 40 for the outside of the tote. I have another big piece of the black/with strawberry print to do the lining. All I need to do is select a couple of FQs for the end pieces & binding and then get on with it. Same pattern, and similar look.

There is more organizing to do here in my studio, as well as ironing and cutting out the appliqués for the Seasons quilt, cutting and piecing the new block, and some pressing for the Wonky quilt for the top. All prep work, and suddenly there will be several finishes on these UFO's. I feel inspired to see them get closer. Its as though the frustrations I had with them are slipping away.

No comments:

Post a Comment