Sunday, May 11, 2014

An interesting Sunday

I live across the country from my family, so there were a number of phone calls, texts and emails (with pictures) that happened today. Its amazing how we spread out to Alaska, Montana, the Dakotas, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Texas, and Florida. I've never been much for traditional holidays and like to make every day a celebration. I usually don't remember that there is a holiday happening until someone reminds me. 

However, when someone does connect, I like to take time in the moment to be present and give them my complete attention. The members of my family make me smile when I hear their voices or see their faces. They make me feel pretty lucky to know them. I let the day be one of small tasks so that when something interrupted me, it was ok and I didn't have to try and remember what I was doing.

I was able to cut and pin a lot of projects that are now sitting next to my machine so I can get to them in the morning. Its amazing how much a person can get done.

Lisa's quilt has still got me pondering how to make the borders on it so it grows to personal lap size. Its coming along but I didn't have it fully planned out when I switched from doing a Log Cabin to what it is. I got a couple of books from the library on borders and had one here too that were all helpful. Yet, its going to be one border at a time. Its the last top I want to make into a quilt this year. 

I also started on the new swap projects. My new 6" swap partner was assigned and requested pink Ohio Stars. Rex & I decided to swap our embroidery for the Hallows quilt, so I found enough natural muslin to make twelve 12.5" blocks and set that aside. 

And while Carol & I aren't swapping, we plan to make a new BOM this year and hope to heaven its better than last year's. She kept trying to tell me it was a learning experience. Hah! That last block is pinned for piecing and I swear, if it doesn't work this time, I am so done with it! I have had it with patterns that are either edited or printed incorrectly as this one clearly was. What a waste of my time and energy to put it together and take it apart so many times. It will be what it is, or get used by cutting it down and adding it to the wonky pile if it doesn't turn out.

No comments:

Post a Comment