I bought 3 Fat Quarters for the project from one of the stores in town. I kept in mind that the blocks are small so getting the contrast is more challenging. Of course, the first attempt switched the last row to go on so I ended up with Wonky. I actually LIKE the darker one to the left of the picture. It has a lot of character. Is it amazing how both are wonk-ified and yet turned out differently!
This experience felt like one teaching me vulnerability. Oh I can accept the vulnerability in others so much more than I can accept my own. Sometimes we can push our own re-do buttons and other times, we need to just accept what choices we have made and figure out how to make the best of what we have in the here and now. And go on.
The Butterfly Wings quilt is still going through a layout plan. I took off some of the blocks during the 'audition' to make it more the size a little grrrl could wrap up in. Doing 30 blocks makes it a hefty twin size for a bed, but not something she can drag around and wrap up in. The challenge will be in finding a print for the back and that means a trip to the big city on Sunday. I looked here in town and wasn't turned onto anything I saw. It will be important to match that lovely royal blue underneath the butterflies to something for the back.