Saturday, June 27, 2015

A Late Start Today

Hard to believe I slept in this morning. 9 o'clock. That kind of morning is a luxury for me. Its surprising to me how a couple more hours of sleep is both restful and leaves me feeling groggy.


The binding is machine sewn on Rob's Quilt and now it needs to have those clippy things added to turn it over, and be hand sewn, which usually takes me three more days. All of it is scrappy. I used 10" blocks for the top, and put the back together using some of the larger scraps from Lee's estate, plus that interesting stripe border which had just enough to do the binding. I even used up scraps of thread on their spools. And, ta da, the batting is also leftovers from other quilts that I joined to lay between top and bottom.

The practice part on it was using quilting stitches away from each block seam...that might be a form of echo quilting. It really turned out nice, though next time I do that kind of stitch, what I learned was more about spacing. Although it is summer hot here and in Minnesota, it may get shipped out some time in July just to have it out of the house and give me more space.

I've joined a table runner swap with the International group, though I requested a partner here in the states. We do not tell who is our partner, who is able to request colors and then either a square or rectangular shape. It is required that we make them from a charm pack. I spent time looking for both patterns, and will be making a practice runner in both styles.


We are headed out to the park for a 'Battle of the Bands' event, so I do not plan to do more quilting until later and then it will be to work on this binding. 

No comments:

Post a Comment