Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Mid-Week

I laid the biggest (most recent) project down on my studio floor to baste. There was barely enough space, and it meant being on the floor with it, fighting to pin and fighting not to pull the back off the tape and therefore off the quilt. Of course, I didn't take pictures of it, however, it is basted and ready to machine quilt. 

When I finish this personal lap quilt for a young grrrl child, it will be the last of the four projects I got from the cutting into the first package of batting. I will be back to waiting.

With that in mind, I went through the top few bins. One bin holds all the unfinished Bird Quilts. A couple are 12x12 smaller squares that hold the embroidery projects. One has my one and only UFO that may not ever be touched until it becomes a last resort. One holds the NESTSYs (not even started to sew yet). All the 'kits' in that bin have fabric and pattern, so when they do get started in 2017, there will be a lot of leftovers.