Sunday, July 16, 2017

D4-P Top

After buying the fabric for this top, I was compelled to cut, pin & piece it. When I buy good fabric (or expensive soft goods), I usually buy only what I need without going to the next partial yard for extra. I simply do not want to create more stash in my closet. However, when I do this, it is also vital that I ensure there is enough by getting it done. This particular store owner buys one or two bolts and usually never re-orders the same thing in order to keep a variety of fabrics on hand.
This is a closeup of the three borders I put on. Binding will be the same green. Additionally, I got a coordinating fabric for the back. I am delighted with the floral print, but even more sparked with joy about the green fabric created to look like expensive Italian marbling paper for the inside of books. 

In the end, it was a pricey quilt but I am so glad to have had the opportunity to try this pattern and use up stash.

No comments:

Post a Comment