Thursday, October 3, 2013

Best Intentions

"Dreamtime" is coming along and is at the point where strips will need to be joined to fit beyond the 40" square it has become.  I've got one more day this week to Sew Selfishly and already it is stretching my ability to stay focused on it.



My best intentions started out this week believing I could sew for myself, and I am. However, here it is Thursday morning, and already I am looking for reasons to walk away from this project, start something else, work on something else, just do and be anywhere away from sewing selfishly.

It seems to me that this is a natural event whether a person is on a new diet, wants to recover from any dysfunction in their life, or is fearful to go beyond their own limits. 

I am laughing at myself.

Yesterday, I did find fabrics for the MugRug Swap, found a pattern I liked and cut one out. I finished it last night and then discovered that it was not going to work. 

So what am I doing? Yup, you got that right. I am keeping it for myself. Here it is bottom's up, so to speak so you don't join me in saying 'eeewwwh'. 


Justifying holding onto it, I do really need it at my desk and its sitting right side up. I am fine with how it looks for me, just not to send it to my swap partner or to anyone else for that matter.

When I selected the fabrics, the three of them looked nice together. What I didn't take into consideration is the pattern on one of the fabrics which is very lined...and I didn't see that it is not printed with the grain, so it was cut off the line and for such small pieces ends up looking terrible.

I am the kind of person who can spot a picture hanging on the wall that is an eighth of an inch off, so this was deadly to my eye. This quote brought me to earth again.

              People will judge you by your actions, 
not your intentions, 
so remember you may have a heart of gold, 
but so does a hard-boiled egg.

So I am back to the musing stage of these MugRugs; and back to the joining stage for 'Dreamtime'.

Yesterday all seven of the quilts arrived at their new homes. Whew, what a relief to get them to my dear sweet Sons, Daughter-in-Law, Nephew and his family. There are two more that will go out yet before the year is over, but the pressure is off for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment