Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Project Photos

I finished one the Pay It Forward projects, wrapped it and put it in an envelope without taking its picture. I could tear open the package but won't. Its just going to be a private gift. I've done this with more than one of my projects without thinking to make a record of my work. Thing is, all three of the people who signed up here for the PIF should get a surprise in the mail first. 

This is a photo of the first mini quilt I made before I knew what I was doing. I was living up in the Tehachapi Mountains that year and had a number of quilting magazines to browse.


The quilt end is the rust border, and the yellow is my wall behind the hanging. It is a perfect place to feature the hanging. I machine quilted around the shapes with a simple zig-zag stitch and didn't turn them under. I really love this and cannot imagine parting with it even though I know its not done correctly. It simply reminds me of where I was for that season, and calls to mind how I hauled wood for fires each night, and how amazing it felt to be on top of the mountain with stars so close I could touch them. It was a quilt I made for myself...sew selfish.

My quilts tell other stories now. Some are hidden in the fabrics and threads, and others obvious to any viewer. 


1 comment:

  1. This is lovely! I really like quilts and illustrations that make you wonder about a story :)

    ReplyDelete