Saturday, November 12, 2016

Cutting the Holiday Bin

In order to finish off the back scrap blocks, a little more cutting was required and while that happened, I just kept cutting to make what I did keep as larger rectangle pieces.

Squares are cut in 2.5", (very few 3" are left). 4", 5", 6", 8" and 10".
 

And now the major work on the back is done. All that is left was to lay it out, make rows/columns and then join it.

The back was laid out with four blocks across and five down. For whatever reason, there were two of each style left, so how I counted is a mystery. Now it will rest until the top gets cut and pieced so I know how to adjust this to fit. It is smaller than I thought it would be and there are certainly enough scraps to make a few more or I have fabric for sashing. I do plan to work on the top and cut into the scraps that I have set aside for it. This quilt will then drop to the last on my list of unfinished objects (UFOs) for next year. I am considering going through the other bin that has regular fabrics in it and doing the same thing....cutting, trimming, sorting. This feels like a successful use of strips and 3" squares without having a pattern.

Metaphysically backs are supportive to our bodies as well as to quilts. Often, we take for granted the work that they do in having entire health. In my body, I know that pain can be in the spot it hurts or that it is redirected

Today's project is getting back outside and re-sinking the pond (look to the right of the pic about 3/4 of the way up to see the hole) so it lays flush with the ground around it. It has to be washed out and refilled.  Its a little harder to do because the rock feature is in where the last time I did it, there was nothing around it to compete with the work.