Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Last Quilt of 2016

Binding is finished and it is wrapped for shipping. It still amazes me how scrap quilts turn out. As always, the recipient was on my mind as I finished it. She is planning another surgery and will have this to snuggle under during her recuperation.

I got the lights strung in front. I do them inside so they are easy to hang over the small nails I put in years ago. I used to decorate the house and yard every year, and just got tired of fighting the cold and dealing with random bulbs going out and messing up the whole strand.

Anyway, her quilt is thrown over my loveseat and is down right gorgeous. I turned the corner to show a bit of the back, which was another piece that had no projected goal. The pattern for the center is called a 'granny square' and the border is a modification of the 'piano border'. I had so much of that purply color and used quite a bit of it. Now both the purply and the back fabrics will get cut into pieces themselves and blend in.

Not being able to sit still is my SuperPower, so I cut & pinned pieces to one of the next blocks for the ROW quilt along. Its only for the top and I have no idea how I will do the back.  I can be casual with it and take my time.

No comments:

Post a Comment