Friday, December 26, 2014

Boxing Day

This isn't a holiday I've ever celebrated, however, if the Gas Co. had been open and had sent me a tech to fix the control box on my furnace, I would have had a gift. 

Our control panel went out and the furnace was shut down on the 17th of this month. Normally, it would have been more tolerable, however, the valley is being hit by below freezing temps and the house is cold, even with a space heater, candles, an oven for baking and layers of clothing and quilts. Unfortunately, these two holiday weeks have shut most repair offices down, except for emergency (and this is no longer considered an emergency because they shut the furnace down) and no techs are available to provide service. Its an easy fix once someone comes who can do it. Its just replacing that box that has the "Danger" sign on it.

My Friendship Star block swap potentials are sitting at the cutting board because of all the issues I had making them work. I am too cold to want to work at anything for now. Seems that the body muscles lock up as do the mental muscles.

Its funny how the changes in seasons or temperatures or light make a difference for how I move through my world, but they do. I don't want to whine to people, because everyone has something they deal with regularly. And in the greater scheme of things, this is a minor issue.

I don't like being cold. It was one of the major reasons why I moved from MN to Cali. And then, missing the snow and four seasons, I moved to Tehachapi. I have been missing the snows here too...these snowfalls melt almost the same day so they have been more esthetic than anything. The drought here not only means no rain, but no snow.

In this rather pissy state of mind, I don't want to look at patterns, I don't want to plan, I don't want to do anything but get this furnace control fixed.

Luckily, I have an out-of-town trip planned for the next couple of days, so will be gone until Sunday.

One of my Sisters gave me a gift card for Jo-Ann's so that is one stop either on the way or coming home. I am sure the store will be crowded with other quilters and crafters who are looking for the after-holiday sales. Me too.