Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Heavy Cloud Cover

Tis the season for enlightenment. I love setting out candles and those little village lights to brighten up the night. The fireplace was lit this morning too. It gets so dark here in the mountain valley. I love the dark nights. There is comfort in candle light, comfort in firelight, and even comfort in those sweet little villages.

I spent time trying to shift the lighting here in my studio to brighten up the room by moving a table to accommodate the pole lamp. Then I remembered I have tinted eyewear to help shield against computer light and bright sunshine. That made me smile at my choices. I think working with black fabric is also harder when the room light is dimmer. Yes, I was working on Amy's cat quilt, which has a lot of black in it. Just when I thought all the joining points were re-done, I held the quilt top to the light and saw that my job was not quite complete. My plan is to finish it and get it into the fabric store for machine quilting. 


Enlightenment is an interesting concept in life as well as in quilting. When lights are added to a quilt, the colors pop! I thought I liked how black did that but after working with Amy's cat quilt, I plan to introduce lighter, brighter colors to complement all the darker fabrics that I have received that are in my stash. 

Not too long ago, I did a FQ swap and received a number of whites and off-whites. I spent time today cutting a couple of them into those squares.

And now, I am off to paint the outside of my entry doors! There is a life beyond quilting and this project has waited long enough. I need to prep first and then just get on with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment