Sunday, October 25, 2015

Up & Down, In & Out

These are the stitches of hand work, over and over and over again. As I made stitches all day and into the night, I thought how like forgiveness is a also a similar process. Its not a once-done-forever-Done kind of event but something that we make progress in much like hand binding a quilt or hand quilting it. We may be willing to forgive but not want to do it. Yet, if we keep doing it over and over until it becomes part of body memory, part of emotional memory, part of mental memory, it then becomes part of our spirit.


All of a sudden, like finishing a quilt, we find that forgiveness has been accomplished, even though it wasn't sudden and took work. Sometimes, like quilting, we feel a sharp pain. I finished the two blue table toppers and these brown and green tree wallhangings. Of course they need some button charms for the finishing touch. I plan to be in Bakersfield on Friday so will stop at JoAnn's for a couple of packages. Sewing them on might take a night and will add to their charm.

Jake's quilt is almost there too. The quilting is done on it and I thought I had fabric for the binding. That is my last step for this one and then its ready for shipping next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment