Saturday, March 5, 2016

Black Emboirdery

I finished another block while I was gone from home. The trip to the big city was pleasant, and staying at the hotel with a jacuzzi was sweet.

My trip to Joann's was simple enough. Just some muslin and a package of batting. the 12 blocks will have to do because the white I bought is bright compared to the white I am using. I think I started second-guessing myself about the use of some Hallows symbols and how some folks might react to them. One Granddaughter has a strong aversion to spiders and while this is the only block with one on it, it made me wonder. Then another block seemed to be wrong for another potential recipient. 

I thought that I could re-think the blocks if the whites matched. They don't. So it will be what it will be. Its Hallows for crying out loud, not some political or religious statement, nor something meant to send a person running to their therapist. I don't know why I do that to myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment