Friday, June 2, 2017

1 Block To Go

Actions have always meant more to me than promises. And that is one reason why I am pushing myself to finish those UFO's this year. Well, in complete truth, my promise to myself was to take as many to completion as I could and take the remaining projects at least to the next step. The apron projects are hardest for me.


This block is called 'Lucky Girl'. There is one remaining block in Solstice to Solstice Mystery quilt that I named Gratitude. This is a good thing that only one remains because I am running out of fabric I set aside for the project. And that is a good thing to have used up all those Fall themed fabrics. More than one reason to call it Gratitude.

I am starting to make more backs from scraps. I am always looking for patterns that I can use them in and often find them in the MS Quilt tutorials such as this one. There are often pieces leftover from binding, which is cut at 2.5" wide. Each of the blocks is made at 6.5" square, and they look best if they are done randomly. With all the whites I got from my friend, I can cut the 4" squares of white for the star legs, and make the blocks as I go so they have a plan. 

This pattern will look great on backs for both the Gratitude quilt, in its harvest colors, and the Rising Stars BOM I am working on. With all the fabrics my friend sent combined with the fabrics I have in my stash, I plan to start both backs and have them ready to baste.

It is always a challenge to make a back that completes and compliments the top or front of the quilt.