Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Totes

The California Plastic Bag Ban Veto Referendum, also known as Proposition 67, was on the November 8, 2016, ballot in California as a veto referendum. It was approved. Stores started right away by using stock they had and then charging 10 cents a bag. When I found a panel for a tote, I started working on it. 

As simple as they can be with the correct fabric, this one took a bit more. It has batting and was machine basted and will be somewhat reversible. All my batting scraps are used up and the lining was a fabric that had no dedesignation. The straps were from other projects and not the same color. However, done is done.

Compliance with referendums is not something I want to toot a horn over. As a person who is somewhat environmentally aware, I've brought my own totes to stores before the vote passed, and now take pleasure in bringing them in every time I go. When I asked friends on Facebook if they used totes, their answers surprised me.

Cheap bags that clutter up my trunk will soon disintegrate, and I did have this fabric.  I will add it to the collection in my car. It doesn't matter that it is a holiday pattern. The concept of Peace on Earth should be one I adopt for every season.

No comments:

Post a Comment