Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Without a Plan

As I go through these UFOs, I am finding projects without notes on them, so I have little to no idea what they were for, where I was at with them and what to do next.

My first step with this project was blind piecing where it was pinned. What I mean by that is that I am simply taking it to the machine, and piecing without wondering why. Some, but not all, of the rows have numbered pins on them. There is a pattern with it, so my next step is to lay it out, pin more of it together and see where it takes me. Again, it is scrappy, and with fabrics given to me that are on the dark side. 

I have a number of clear shoe box containers with similar projects in them. Clear container does not mean clear agenda or clear outcome. If there is a lesson or two to be learned from UFOs, it is that they should come with notes-to-self, and a vacation deadline. I think leaving them alone for too long makes it much more difficult to get back to them.

This particular project isn't even one that got numbered for the sidebar. It was shuffled around so many times and got dumped into a bin labeled 'Potential Backs'. The only reason I pulled it out was to see If I had something for the Red/White/Blue top. And because I was so ahead of my own schedule for working on the other UFOs for the year, I decided to see what I could do with this bin.

No comments:

Post a Comment