Monday, March 10, 2014

Now, This is Lovely

Whenever I take on the task of learning something new, its like battling the fears of being inept because I don't know what I am doing and do not have someone standing next to my machine offering guidance. I think that my sense of perfectionism has been dealt with, and then here it comes with all its loud talk, flippant put-downs, and immobilization. Its hard being human. 

This pattern is really easy and is done with triangle squares that match light with dark. Its a very scrappy look and is called a stash buster. It is a quick pieced method that is often referred to as HST's or half square triangle. Triangles are new for me and what I wanted to make this year as my personal challenge and growth opportunity in quilting.

I still suck at them. Oh here I go battling that fear of being inept. Taking a deep breath. With all my careful laying out, a few blocks got turned and so the larger picture was lost. How like life. Simple choices effect the greater good.

I am working on a quilt that seems to have 2 working names; CEDAR LODGE & CEDAR TREE. By the time it gets basted, a name seems to come forward. This top is not completed, and is still in that WIP stage.  I was able to finish the hardest part of the center for the top. It is one block, laid out in two different rows. I stopped worrying about matching the patches and let it take on a life of its own. 

Borders are next and with luck, they will attach and make this more stunning. My goal is to have it done so it can go with me to the clubhouse on Wednesday to baste.

There is a sense of accomplishment here as I look at the picture above and see that even though all the points are less than perfect, that the entire look of it works.

No comments:

Post a Comment