Sometimes I wonder what I get myself into.
Using my floor, I marked four corners of where Nick's quilt would lay with some tape, so I could lay out pieces of fabric and know what the size would be for the back. Its a design mat of sorts. Fabrics need to be pressed and I will do that as soon as I finish this post. It might help the visioning of it all. Binding will be the same green print as the last border on the front. I had a lot of leftover burgundy prints of various intensities and values. And the scraps were sewn together as a way to separate and join things.
By filling up the marked floor space with leftover fabric pieces, I can play with them like one of those shuffle puzzles. I wanted to keep larger pieces in it just for stability. I can see by the pic above that they need to be shifted around.
I never liked shuffle puzzles as a kid, and so might have to leave this one lay on my floor for awhile. At least with the puzzle, I could see what it was supposed to look like.
I've put the top away for now and am moving onto the next of my WIP's. Knowing myself, its good to have it there where I can walk past it several times a day until the arrangements satisfies me. When there is a final for this back, I will be sure to post my success with it.