Monday, August 31, 2015

More Mug Rugs

There are a few swaps left for me to ship out from Swap-bot and then I am stepping back awhile to work on thinning out my fabric supply here at home. 

One thing that is easy for me is to use up the scraps I have and make Mug Rugs. Admittedly, I have been practicing with the various machine stitches and practicing mitered corners on the binding. I've only done some echo stitching on these three and my corners are crisp and completely mitered. Its been successful for me to work this way. And simple. No stress. The tea fabric was given to me in a swap and this represents 4 MRs from it now. I have been careful to see if my partner prefers Tea, and in the other two cases, both of them were thrilled! 

The cardinal MR is from a leftover scrap on Jake's. That swap is for Birds in Mythology, so I have a story to go with it. Again, its a beautiful scrap and worth having it uncut.

My life is sweet these days as the high heat of Summer gives way to Autumn breezes and cooler nights. In no time at all, the personal size or lap quilts will come out and offer comfort. These are good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment