Wednesday, May 24, 2017

W-A-I-T

Oh. I just titled this blog an acronym for What AM I Thinking? So when I saw the word 'wait', it felt like a good joke on me. I have never been a patient person, and don't wait good at all.


It is not even the end of May & I was looking for some new quilting projects! My sidebar tells me that before the year is out, I want to finish 5 quilts, 8 UFO projects, and 2 other (WIP) Works in Process. Then next year, on the sidebar again, are 6 quilts and 2 projects that are not even started yet, and obviously on my mind to do. My closet holds another bin full of 'kits' I put together from coordinating fabrics. I don't even know how many I have nor have I looked into the bin!!!

What AM I thinking? Well, there are several bins of fabric scraps that have been donated to me on one closet side. And the mystery quilt projects I started this year are almost finished. I keep thinking there won't be anything for me to do. So I spent almost an hour online looking for some quilt-alongs.

In truth, there is a lot for me to make with what I have in my closets. For one thing, I can get a head start by making scrappy backs. I notice my list says that a few of them will need backs, so if I can get them done, as the quilts get finished, and if backs are done, then basting will be ready closer to the first half of the year.

It almost seems like I am trying to make more work for myself rather than to just do what I can while I can. Wishful thinking. Hopeful thinking. That's what I have been thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment