Tuesday, January 5, 2016

By the Power of 3

I finished the binding on Isabella's Autumn quilt (a working title) that is named 'By the Power of 3'. Its quite stunning. 

Because of the materials in it, I was afraid it wouldn't be warm. However as I worked on the binding with the quilt over my lap and legs, I realize that it is perfect for that personal lap quilt type. It lays across my queen size bed so if she has a twin or a double mattress, it will serve as an extra cover. I really love how it turned out. Colors are incredibly rich. 

The back is whimsical and would appeal to someone at any age. Flannel softens the figures on it and makes the feel quite cozy. It has a different look from the front, so that however she feels in the moment, one side or the other will work.

I also worked on a table topper but realized the person I plan to give it to often reads the blog so I decided not to show it.

My attention will go onward to the BOM quilt I am making for one of my Granddaughter's graduation in early June. This month is one of my favorite blocks, the 'Card Trick'. I need to finish last month's and do this one, and frame them both to be caught up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment