Monday, May 30, 2016

Patriotic Mug Rug

There are fewer elders in my family as time goes on, and they probably want to downsize even more than I do. Yet, I know how pleasant it is to receive happy mail. As I thought about it, I decided to make a few mug rugs for those Aunties who still live in their homes. And I thought about how I could do them before leaving on my trip to MN a week from tomorrow. 


I found this simple pattern that I could convert from the traditional red/green for holidays to a red-white-blue patriotic theme at 
http://www.freshlypieced.com/2011/09/strip-pieced-zig-zag-mug-rug.html

Quilting on a diagonal isn't as easy as one thinks. The first one I made isn't perfect, and will go to the give-away table in the clubhouse. Someone will like it, not even noticing the mistakes, and I will do better with the other two I cut out, and want to just do them without looking for mistakes. (Pictures of mine to follow)

No comments:

Post a Comment