Friday, May 27, 2016

Whew, No Wrinkles

I could not put off machine quilting the next Bird Quilt. I like using that Serpentine stitch on the machine as a better way to do Stitch-in-the-Ditch. There is actual agony for me when I put something off. Instead of forgetting and releasing and putting it behind, its all I can think about.

This one goes to my Grandson Jake. Summer colors for a Summer Solstice birth, and yet, black and white to go with everything. You have to look mighty close to see the stitches along the sashing. Thread is an orange like the cornerstones and soon-to-be-binding.

I feel so good about the way these stitches are looking. I had taken for granted that they would all be easy. So many things can get in the way of a success story that may or may not have anything to do with the leading lady or quilter. I must say that I am a little cautious and as soon as a seam is finished, I put the quilt on my pressing board to look for wrinkles on the backside. 

It made me think about relationships in my life that have wrinkles of a sort. The easy ones are the kind of people you might not see for a very long time, and then just rush into conversation as if it was just yesterday. And others. The wrinkles. Well, they are just hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment