Sunday, May 15, 2016

Press N Snip

I got two more projects ready to baste and realized that no one would be in the office to clear a basting appointment. Time consuming work that left undone would leave the finish a little less than good.

Then, I turned my attention to machine quilt a table runner. The stitch started out as a shadow, which means simply that it runs next to the seam. However, it is turning into more of a channel stitch, which is row after row. It is turning into longer sessions at the machine. I think it will go into one of the bins for my Grandgrrrls rather than to someone else in my life. 

Long ago, I created small bins of various projects like potholders and small table toppers. This is a good addition. Funny thing is that all of them call out purple as their favorite color. And the purples are so much more lovely than they photograph.

This is the table topper swap I had started before the facilitators insisted that the charms be bought from a store rather than from our stash. I put this one away and created another. Life is like that. Adapting and changing and being willing to do both.

No comments:

Post a Comment