Saturday, August 3, 2013

First Saturday

We all have to start somewhere, and learn new tricks and skills. Writing comes easily for me, technical things less so. My friend +Rexie R shared hers with me this morning and suggested I get in the game.

We are co-creating calendar quilts, where each of us works on a block of the month, then ships it half across the country to the other. When all 12 blocks are completed, each of us has the challenge of making a full quilt from the 12 blocks. This first one is mine, called Patriotic Pinwheel, and the second is hers called Summer Sun.

We are off to a good start with these blocks!


3 comments:

  1. I selected the July theme because of my deep love for the 4th. My Daddy flew back to the states during WWII to meet Mother at Kansas City for a weekend pass. She took the train down from St. Paul. It was that weekend I was conceived. For some time in my life, I told people I was born on the 4th of July so the whole country could celebrate with me. I love the fireworks, the parades and picnics. Moving to CALI was different because here, there is a fear of fire so the fireworks are contained. In this small valley, we can see them from the end of our driveway, and I still love too oooh, and ahhhh and clap like crazy for the multi-sendoffs.

    ReplyDelete